Real Analysis II, Spring 2018
- On Monday we will do student presentations on section 4.3 (also see new problem 4.3.8).
- Then Prof. Kottke will lecture on new sections 4.4 (trancendental functions) and 4.5 (the space of continuous functions).
- Sections 4.2 (on series of functions) and 4.3 (power series) added to the Problem Set.
- A few new problems added to section 4.1. See 4.1.11-4.1.13 in the Problem Set.
- Also, please write up and hand in 4.1.9 and 4.1.12 this week.
- New section (4.1) added to the
- On Monday we will finish the proofs from sections 1.6 and 1.7, then I will lecture on 4.1.
- Corrections to the series problems. As Yonathan pointed out, the p-series (1.6.8) converge if p < 1 and diverge if p >= 1. As Daniel pointed out, I missed a hypothesis in the alternating series theorem (1.6.13), which should be that the a_n are decreaasing. The Problem Set has been updated accordingly.
- Material on series added to the
See the new sections 1.6 and 1.7.